I love this lemon drizzle cake recipe by HungryJenny on opensourcefood.com. I’ve made it quite a few times now and everyone seems to love it too!
Ingredients3 eggs170g self-raising flour170g sugar, plus extra 1 tbsp170g butter, softenedJuice of one lemonZest of one lemonZest of one lime
How to make Easy Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add in the eggs, mixing in each one at a time.
- Sift in the flour, then mix in the lemon and lime zest.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin and stick in the oven for about an hour. The top will go golden and you should be able to stick a skewer in and pull it out clean.
- When the cake is done, mix the tbsp of sugar into the lemon juice, prick some holes into the cake and pour the mixture over.
- Leave to cool for as long as possible.